Choosing recovery close to home means your support system is just a few miles away. Sobriety has allowed me to be a full participant in my life. I’ve become reliable, responsible and accountable for my actions. I’ve had more fun and adventure in sobriety than I ever could have dreamed.
It was the most difficult and most brave thing I have ever done. Again, I excelled in my training program, becoming the chief resident in my final year. However, I had few friends, and none of the friends I had drank as I did. I began to drink at home, frequently wondering the next morning how there could be so many empty beer cans on the counter. During residency, we had the first of four children.
Kristine’s Addiction Recovery Success Story & Video
Many times when we see posts about sobriety, it’s always famous people or before-and-afters of people being a mess and then cleaning up their lives. It’s not like, hey, these are real people and they just do it every day. It’s not like, sobriety success stories hey, I’m normal and I have to do this the exact same way you would if you had to do it. Join We Level Up addiction and mental health centers today. Our drug, alcohol, and mental health specialists’ mission is your recovery success.
- Begin with a free call to an addiction & behavioral health treatment advisor.
- Then he said he was going to call his cousin to see about going to a Super Bowl party later that day.
- Don initially rejected the concept of a higher power.
- She got herself a sponsor then attended 90 meetings over 90 days.
When we were finally married, she gradually accepted my use of marijuana and alcohol as normal, even participating at times. Soon we found couples who had the same interest. There were many times after getting together with another couple that I drove home in a blackout. Singer Demi Lovato has openly discussed her challenges with substance abuse, recently experiencing an overdose.
Q: What are some tips for having a good time at a party where everyone else is drinking or doing drugs?
Fingers crossed, prayers said; my son too has made remarkable strides this year and I am thankful for the support and tips and learning the CRAFT method. I prepared as well by finding a treatment center that used the CRAFT method and in my son’s case waited for the consequences (legal) to use as leverage-i.e. When his case finally came to court they would look more favorably on him if he had voluntarily already gone to treatment. I hoped they would and they did-he is on 5 years’ probation instead of possible jail or prison time which I feared would only alienate him further.
- For years, Laura’s alcohol addiction helped mask the pain of her mental illness, but ultimately, alcohol only served to make the problem worse.
- Treatment providers are available 24/7 to answer your questions about rehab, whether it’s for you or a loved one.
- Although he didn’t suffer a relapse, he recently checked into rehab to maintain sobriety as a preventive measure.
- CRAFT wasn’t one of them until late last year though my research was trending in that direction.
- I was unable to participate in any kind of family activity, especially if it interfered with my drinking.
- All I can give back is where I can, whenever possible or necessary, I will work, collaborate and support others in recovery.
When a person transitions, it’s like rebirthing a human. And my relationship with myself has gotten so much deeper, there’s so much more to https://ecosoberhouse.com/ me. The fact that I’m still breathing, that I’m still here… It’s really easy to write off the big things and focus on the small things.
Sam had his first drink at 13 and couldn’t get enough – connection and honesty changed everything.
These stories highlight the transformative power of sobriety and provide hope for a brighter future. Sobriety is a journey, and it can be a challenging one, but it is also one that is worth taking. We will provide you with valuable tips, essential resources, and inspiring success stories to support you on your path to sober living.